LocationTech GeoWave leverages the scalability of a distributed key-value store for effective storage, retrieval, and analysis of massive geospatial datasets.
Currently, GeoWave is an open source set of software that:
- Adds multi-dimensional indexing capability to Apache Accumulo, HBase and Cassandra as well as Google's BigTable and Amazon DynamoDB
- Adds support for geographic objects and geospatial operators to Apache Accumulo, HBase and Cassandra as well as Google's BigTable and Amazon DynamoDB
Contains a GeoServer plugin to allow geospatial data in Accumulo to be shared and visualized via OGC standard services
- Both raster and vector data models are supported
- Provides Map-Reduce input and output formats for distributed processing and analysis of geospatial data
- Provides a PDAL plugin for interacting with point cloud data in accumulo through the PDAL library.
In simplified terms, GeoWave currently attempts to do for Distributed Key-value stores as PostGIS does for PostgreSQL.
The content of this open source project is received and distributed under the license(s) listed above. Some source code and binaries may be distributed under different terms. Specific license information is provided in file headers and in NOTICE files distributed with the project's binaries.