This is the first offical release of Edapt. The Edapt project offers APIs and provides implementations for the following features:
- A way to model to the changes between two versions of an Ecore model and to compose these as a complete history of all versions. These models provide means to attach migration instructions to the changes.
- A slim runtime implementation which can be integrated into existing applications and which interprets the change models to automatically migrate old instances to the version needed by the application.
- A means to define new operations and to extend existing ones with instructions on how to migrate other artifacts.
- A generic user interface to offer operations to the developer and to inspect the impact of their executions.
- A mechanism to record the operations that are executed on an Ecore model in the editor.
- A way to re-apply the recorded operations to migrate existing artifacts which are not accessible during development.
- A means to obtain the changes between two versions of an EMF model.
Friday, November 7, 2014
Major release (API breakage)