Eclipse Papyrus™ 0.10.0
The release deliverables have the same form as is found in most Eclipse projects, namely:
- MDT Papyrus source code release, available as versions tagged "0.10.0" in the project's SVN repository.
- MDT Papyrus SDK (includes runtime, sources, examples, and documentation) (downloadable and update site).
- MDT Papyrus runtime binary distribution (downloadable and update site).
- MDT Papyrus stand-alone binary distribution (downloadable).
- MDT Papyrus tests (downloadable)
- MDT Papyrus examples (downloadable)
The Papyrus 0.10.0 project will be developed in parallel, and released simultaneously, with the following projects. As stated above, each milestone release of the Papyrus 0.10.0 project will be compatible with the corresponding milestones for each of these projects, and delivered the appropriate offset.
- Eclipse Platform SDK version 4.3
- Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) version 2.9
- Model Development Tools (MDT) UML2 version 4.1
- Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF) version 2.5
The Eclipse Platform is designed as the basis for internationalized products. The user interface elements provided by the Eclipse SDK components, including dialogs and error messages, are externalized. The English strings are provided as the default resource bundles. As a result, the Papyrus project will provide English strings in its default bundles and be localized to a subset of those locales offered by the Platform. This plan will be updated to indicate which locales will be provided and the time frame for availability.
In order to remain current, each Eclipse release targets reasonably current versions of the underlying operating environments. The Eclipse Papyrus project depends upon on the Platform and other projects, which are mostly "pure" Java. The 4.3 release of the Eclipse Platform Project is written and compiled against version 5.0 of the Java Platform APIs, and targeted to run on version 5.0 of the Java Runtime Environment, Standard Edition. Papyrus will target the same Java version as EMF and UML2, which currently require Java 5. Eclipse Platform SDK 4.3 will be tested and validated on a number of reference platforms. MDT Papyrus will be tested and validated against a subset of those listed for the platform.
|Kepler SR1||2013/09/28||1st Maintenance release|
|Kepler SR2||2014/02/22||2nd Maintenance release|