Significant changes in this version:
- Sirius now requires Java 11.
- The minimum Eclipse version supported is now Eclipse 2021-06.
- The UI to select specific images to use on diagram elements have been rewritten and is now much more user-friendly.
- It is now possible for the user to change the z-order of edges, which can be useful when combined with the "Jump Links" feature to control which edge "jumps over" another.
- It is now possible to hide/reveal the different labels of an edge (begin/center/end) individually.
- Modularisation changes to allow for the Sirius metamodels to be used without minimal dependencies (no UI, minimal dependencies on Eclipse). The various metamodels are now isolated into new "org.eclipse.sirius.*.model" bundles (e.g. org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.model). The actual implementation classes are in the same Java packages as before. There should be no impact on the majority of consumers, but see the release notes for more details on the changes.
- Sirius 7.0 now depends on the new GMF Runtime 1.14, which now uses Batik 1.14 (the latest version at the moment) instead of the very old Batik 1.6.
- The "Workflow" component and the supporting "Server" components,which were deprecated in Sirius 6.4, have been removed.
Sirius 7.0.0 is available at https://download.eclipse.org/sirius/updates/releases/7.0.0/2021-06/
Monday, February 28, 2022
Major release (API breakage)