Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
Version 2.8.0 of Xtext will come with over 180 bugfixes, significant perfromance improvements and many new features.
The most important features for Xtext are:
- Semantic-Whitespace Support (Example Language)
- New formatter API
- First steps towards Eclipse independent IDE services (content assist)
- Interruptable Builder
- Optional persistence of computed resource state, for quicker reload
- Optional Java 8 target (Lambdas, Default methods) (Xbase & Xtend)
- Autoconversion of Java code to Xtend (Xtend)
- Navigation beweeen generated code and Xtend source
- various performance improvements
- many bugfixes (see bugzilla: http://goo.gl/9YmCSP )
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
everything is updated
Some APIs have been deprecated but documented with pointers to equivalent replacements.
A JDiff report will be included in the final release.
no standards are implemented.
User discussions are active on at  and  as well as on platforms like StackOverFlow.
The bugzilla is actively used by the community to provide bug reports, feature requests and patches.
Also on gerrit there are contributions from users in form of pull requests. An oomph setup that is also used by the committers makes it very easy to contribute.
 - https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=27&
 - https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/xtend-lang