Creating blueprints has many advantages for the Oniro Project. Some of them are outlined below.
- Provides a way to demonstrate Oniro features and technology using functional IoT device examples.
- Simplifies discussion with potential partners when one is able to show a real-world IoT device (albeit not fully-featured) built on top of Oniro by reducing the barrier to entry.
- Allows more thorough integration testing of Oniro components based on real user stories.
- Multiple blueprints will gain features to communicate with each other and work as a single ecosystem of devices thereby demonstrating the real value of the Oniro Project.
- Blueprints will reduce the barrier to entry for the community to engage with the Oniro Project due to the use of low-cost commodity hardware.
For Oniro, we want to provide blueprints of some IoT devices that can be built using Oniro. A Blueprint may be thought of as a set of instructions to put together some hardware, integrate it with Oniro running an application that mimics a real-world IoT device.