Eclipse January is a set of libraries for handling numerical data in Java. It is inspired in part by NumPy and aims to provide similar functionality.
- Familiar. Provide familiar functionality, especially to NumPy users.
- Robust. Has test suite and is used in production heavily at Diamond Light Source.
- No more passing double. IDataset provide a consistent object for basing APIs on with significantly improved clarity over using double arrays or similar.
- Optimized. Optimized for speed and getting better all the time.
- Scalable. Allows handling of data sets larger than available memory with "Lazy Datasets".
- Focus on your algorithms. By reusing this library it allows you to focus on your code.
Try it out:
Quickstart Interactive Lab A step-by-step tutorial with no download required.
Browse through the examples:
- Basic Example show simple concepts for array creation, maths and slicing.
- NumPy Examples show how common NumPy constructs map to Eclipse Datasets.
- Slicing Examples demonstrate slicing, including how to slice a small amount of data out of a dataset too large to fit in memory all at once.
- Error Examples demonstrate applying an error to datasets.
- Iteration Examples demonstrate a few ways to iterate through your datasets.
- Lazy Examples demonstrate how to use datasets which are not entirely loaded in memory.