Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
This will be the first version of BPMN2 Modeler that will participate in the Eclipse simultaneous release train.
The release is focused on improving BPMN 2.0 spec compliance as well as UI enhancements in the following areas:
1. Add support for BPMNLabel elements.
2. Improve usability of Choreography and Conversation elements.
3. Add extensions for model element presentation (color, font, linestyles, etc.)
In order to accomplish 1. we have had to make some breaking API changes, and have taken the opportunity to clean up the code and refactor some classes.
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
This is a major release because of breaking API changes. See the New & Noteworthy page for details.
BPMN2 Modeler does not access any personal user information, nor does it share user information on the web.
BPMN2 Modeler does not use encryption of any kind.
Documentation: User Documentation for the previous version (1.0.2) is currently available here. This will be updated and will be published as part of the next Luna service release.
Internationalization: String externalization is complete and packages have been submitted to the Babel project for translation.
Code Examples: All plug-in code examples have been updated to work with this release. New examples have been added to demonstrate usage of the new dynamic model extension API.
- "About" files and user licenses are in place as per the Eclipse Guidelines
- All contributions have been made by individuals who have signed a CLA
- The "Provider" of each plug-in is set to "Eclipse.org"
- The "Copyright" of each plug-in is set to the copyright owner
- There are no 3rd party logos or fonts that need to be licensed under the EPL
Because BPMN2 Modeler is based on the Graphiti framework, it adheres to the Eclipse UI Guidelines. Supporting views include the tabbed Property Viewer and Content Outline Viewer.
This release improves the usability of the editor in the following areas:
- The editor now supports mixed Choreography and Collaboration diagrams on the same page.
- The default Tool Palette has been reorganized and now more closely follows the BPMN 2.0 Modeling Conformance Classes.
- Colors, fonts and linestyles for graphical elements can now be configured individually. These settings are stored in the .bpmn2 file as BPMN 2.0 extension elements.
- Full support for Choreography and Conversation diagrams has been added.
- User Preferences for graphical element Appearance and Tool Profiles have been improved.
No features are planed for EOL with this release.
- BPMN 2.0 (OMG)
- WSDL 1.1 (W3C)
- XML Schema 1.0 (W3C)
- Supports Java Types
News Group & Forum
- 1 active committer
- 17 contributors
- T.U. Dortmund
- University of Sfax
- UFPE, Brazil