Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
As in most of the last releases most work has happened in the runtime space (~80 bugzilla entries solved) with new exiciting features developed
- Support for Maximizing e4 elements (as of today only MPartStacks are supported)
- Support for DS-component.xml in a plain Java environment
- Move Text-Editing API forward
- Declarative configuration of Text-Editor framework with JSON instead of a DSL
At the tooling space (~15 bugzilla entries solved) there've been major new features for
- l10n DSL who supports now embedding other bundles directly to inherit all properties
- gmod DSL who supports serialization/deserialization of object graphs with gson
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
All documentation is maintained at our wiki and kept in sync with the API.
Our central components of interaction are:
- Bugzilla to collect feature requests, bug reports
- Gerrit to track contributions
- The newsgroup to provide support (in total 181 messages since 2.1.0)
We've been receiving remarkable contributions in this release (eg the min/max feature was contributed from an external developer)