Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
Known architectural issues :
- Limited support for “classifier” projects in workspace due to m2e/JDT limitations (incorrect classpath or deployment issues may occur).
- Significant portions of m2e-wtp codebase are workarounds for WTP limitations
- War Overlay support is highly experimental and doesn't cope well with certain server adapters' deployment strategies (in-situ deployment typically)
- WTP needs to expose some hooks to provide a better integration (with its UI)
Localization, Internationalization, Accessibility
- All m2e-wtp strings are externalized, but only English strings are provided.
- m2e-wtp development team did not do any localization and/or accessibility testing due to resource constraints.
- Documentation is available on the Wiki : http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E-WTP
Java EE integration :
- Project facet configuration based on pom.xml
- Automatic generation of MANIFEST.MF based on pom.xml
- Optional JPA, JAX-RS, JSF Facet support
Integration of unique Maven features :
- on-the-fly resource filtering and deployment
- war overlay from workspace project or .war archives
Eclipse to Maven project conversion :
- pom.xml configuration based on eclipse settings for all Java EE project types
UI Usability :
- m2e-wtp's conformance to the User Interface Guidelines was not evaluated.
- m2e-wtp requires J2SE 1.8, m2e 1.7.0 and Eclipse 4.5 or higher
m2e-wtp aims at supporting the IDE-relevant configuration from all maven-<package>-plugins associated with Java EE projects. Notable exceptions are :
- No support for skinny wars from maven-ear-plugin 2.7+
- No support for filtering war overlays from maven-war-plugin
- Limited support for classes, ejb-client, test-classes classifiers
- Support for deployment exclusion filters dependent on server adapter implementations
Active user community
- m2e and m2e-wtp share the same user mailing list
- No community activity statistics were collected for m2e-wtp1.3.0.
Active developer and adopter communities
- #m2e-wtp on irc://irc.freenode.net
- Project decisions discussed on the m2e-wtp-dev mailing list
- m2e-wtp is embedded in -at least- JBoss Developer Studio and SpringSource ToolSuite
- Close collaboration with the m2e, WTP, JBoss Tools teams