Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
Major improvements since 1.4
- reduced memory footprint for workspace with large number of projects
- reworked import maven project workflow
- new embedded maven runtime based on maven 3.2.1
- new http/https transport based on okhttp
- new maven profile selection UI
- ability to set checksum validation level
- new Warning/Error settings
full list of changes in 1.5.0
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
- m2e continues to suffer from lack of proper support for nested workspace projects
- Lack of support for proper classpath separation between test and main/production source paths in JDT is another long-standing problems that affects m2e.
Localization, Internationalization, Accessibility
- All m2e strings are externalized, but only English strings are provided.
- m2e development team did not do any localization and/or accessibility testing due to resource constraints.
- Active user and development mailing lists
- User and Developer Documentation and Wiki are outdated and largely not applicable to m2e 1.0+
Generic tools for working with Maven projects inside Eclipse workspace
- Automatic discovery and installation of required m2e extensions based on pom.xml
- Feature-rich pom.xml editor, error markers and quick-fixes for common problems and best practices
- Maven launch configuration types
- Automatic project dependency resolution
Support for “plain” Java projects out-of-the box via JDT integration
- JDT project configuration based on pom.xml
- Automatic compile classpath management
- Maven specific classpath in RunAs JavaApplication and JUnitTest
- m2e 1.5 is fully compatible with pom.xml format used by Maven 3.x and 2.1.x
- m2e 1.5 is fully compatible with Maven “default” repository layout and Maven repository Index format
- m2e 1.5 provides limited support for Maven Archetype descriptor format
Active user community
- No community activity statistics were collected for m2e 1.5
- Active developer and adopter communities
- All project decisions are discussed on m2e-dev mailing list
- m2e team maintains a number of opensource extensions at Github that are both useful to endusers and as working examples for adopters
- Close collaboration with Apache Maven; collaboration with m2e/wtp, JBossTools and other opensource projects