Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
This 1.9.0 release brings a whole set of big and small improvements to the Maven Integration experience. 27 bugs and improvements were fixed during that development cycle. Highlights of this release include:
- Proper test classpath isolation, main classes no longer see test scoped classes/dependencies
- Improved Java 9/10 support
- Contribution to the advanced source lookup mechanism
- New binary project type, to improve the debugging experience
- Embedded Maven 3.5.3
- POM XML editor opened by default
- Custom source encoding support
- Custom access rules support
- Fallback to downloading Javadoc when sources are missing
- Automatically enables the "Store information about method parameters" compiler option according to the maven-compiler-plugin configuration
- New possibility to disable archetype catalogs
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".