The main goal of the Eclipse Ogee project is to provide tools for developers who want to consume and produce data using the OData protocol.
More specifically, Ogee allows developers to:
- Model new OData services
- Visualize and explore existing OData services
- Extend Ogee framework for:
- Consumption from other environments
- Provisioning of OData services for different provider environments
- Importing OData service models from different sources
The architecture of the project is open and extensible through Eclipse extension points.
Ogee lowers the barrier for developers who want to produce and consume data, by bringing the OData advantages to the fingertips of Eclipse developers. It enables the community to contribute to this project by: extending our contribution with more provider environments, more consumption environments, ensuring interoperability across various industry standards, and promoting OData by easing the development process.