Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
The OSGi Working Group is being formed as part of the asset and mission tranfser of the former OSGi Alliance to the Eclipse Foundation. Some of the repositories in the OSGi GitHub organization are not directly part of the OSGi specification activity but are related projects supported by the OSGi Alliance. So this project is being proposed to house these OSGi releated technology open source repositories in the OSGi GitHub organization. This project will not contain any specification work and is not directly managed by the OSGi Working Group.
The OSGi Technology Project produces open source technologies that are adjacent to the OSGi Specification Project, including (but not limited to) testing support for OSGi runtimes, SLF4J bindings to the OSGi Log Service, and the enRoute OSGi development tutorials and examples.
The OSGi Technology Project will host open source OSGi technology projects which are adjacent to the OSGi Specification Project but don't produce OSGi specifications or TCKs for OSGi specifications. Such projects include testing support (JUnit 4, JUnit 5, AssertJ) for testing in OSGi runtimes, SLF4J bindings to the OSGi Log Service, and the enRoute OSGi development tutorials and examples. Additional projects can be added as proposed by the community.
The OSGi Working Group is being formed as part of the asset and mission tranfser of the former OSGi Alliance to the Eclipse Foundation. Some of the open source activities of the OSGi Alliance included project in the OSGi GitHub organizations which are not directly part of the OSGi specifcation work. So this project is being proposed to house those open source, non-specification projects.
The initial contribution is available in the following OSGi GitHub projects.
- https://github.com/osgi/osgi-test – Open source project developing testing support for testing in an OSGi runtime
- https://github.com/osgi/slf4j-osgi – Open source project developing an SLF4J binding to OSGi Log Service 1.4 implementations
- https://github.com/osgi/osgi.enroute – Open source project for OSGi enRoute V3 (maven-based)
- https://github.com/osgi/osgi.enroute.site – GitHub Pages site for OSGi enRoute V3
- https://github.com/osgi/v2archive.osgi.enroute – Open Source project for OSGi enRoute V2 (Bnd workspace-based)
- https://github.com/osgi/v2archive.osgi.enroute.site – GitHub Pages site for OSGi enRoute V2
- https://github.com/osgi/v2archive.osgi.enroute.workspace – Example Bnd workspace for OSGi enRoute V2
- https://github.com/osgi/whiteboard-pattern – Source code to examples developers in OSGi Whiteboard Pattern whitepaper
No known legal issues.
The initial contribution is available in the listed repostories.
The osgi-test project is the most active of the projects is under regular development to add new features in support of improving the test experience for OSGi developers.