Eclipse RDF4J™ is an RDF (Resource Description Framework) Java framework. It provides functionality for efficient and scalable parsing, storage, querying, and reasoning with RDF data, and a vendor-neutral access API for RDF databases (a.k.a. "triplestores").
Some feature highlights:
- full support for SPARQL 1.1 query and update;
- fast and efficient parsing of all common RDF formats through the Rio parser toolkit;
- an easy to use, lightweight, modern Java API for handling RDF in code;
- support for RDF Schema reasoning as well as SHACL validation;
- fast in-memory RDF database with optional file-backed persistence;
- fast Native RDF database with full binary persistence to disk;
- convenient access to third-party RDF database implementations and remote SPARQL endpoints
In addition to its primary use as a set of Java libraries, RDF4J also provides the RDF4J Server web application. RDF4J Server allows you quickly spin up an RDF database and publish it as a SPARQL Endpoint. The separately distributed RDF4J Workbench provides a (web-based) client user interface for an RDF4J Server, with a full SPARQL query editor (with completion features and syntax highlighting), and several convenient ways to manipulate or explore the data in any RDF database/SPARQL endpoint.
The content of this open source project is received and distributed under the license(s) listed above. Some source code and binaries may be distributed under different terms. Specific license information is provided in file headers and in NOTICE files distributed with the project's binaries.