Eclipse RDF4J is an RDF (Resource Description Framework) Java framework. It provides functionality for efficient and scalable parsing, storage, querying, and reasoning with RDF data, and a vendor-neutral access API for RDF databases (a.k.a. "triplestores").
Some feature highlights:
- full support for SPARQL 1.1 query and update;
- fast and efficient parsing of all common RDF formats through the Rio parser toolkit;
- an easy to use, lightweight, modern Java API for handling RDF in code;
- support for RDF Schema reasoning as well as SHACL validation;
- fast in-memory RDF database with optional file-backed persistence;
- fast Native RDF database with full binary persistence to disk;
- convenient access to third-party RDF database implementations and remote SPARQL endpoints
In addition to its primary use as a set of Java libraries, RDF4J also provides the RDF4J Server web application. RDF4J Server allows you quickly spin up an RDF database and publish it as a SPARQL Endpoint. The separately distributed RDF4J Workbench provides a (web-based) client user interface for an RDF4J Server, with a full SPARQL query editor (with completion features and syntax highlighting), and several convenient ways to manipulate or explore the data in any RDF database/SPARQL endpoint.