Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
Subversive is an Eclipse Team Provider for Subversion (SVN). Subversive is Technology sub-project. Release 3.0 will be available as a part of Mars simultaneous release. The goal of this release is improving of the plug-in stability, error handling, its level of integration with the Eclipse Platform facilities and enhancing SVN integration API constants with Java enumerations. The last one is the critical task requiring a lot of work and leading to breaking API changes, however it is very fruitful in regards of improving code quality and plug-in stability,
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
New Features (since Luna release)
- improved SVN error handling facilities
- improved integration with Eclipse Platform facilities
- Usability improvements
- API conforms with Eclipse Quality standards
- API description: http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/integrations.php
- Subversive supports Team API introduced in Eclipse 3.0 and Eclipse 3.2
There are no known security issues.
- Documentation is a part of Subversive distribution and is automatically integrated into Eclipse help
- Available on site: http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/documentation/index.php
- Architecture review, list of extension points and integration examples available on site: http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/integrations.php
- IP process followed
- IP Log: http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=technology.subversive
- Project is released under EPL
- Follow User Interface Guidelines
- Make Subversive close to CVS as much as possible
- Use best practices for professional UI: care about controls layout, use input validators, use standard icons, etc.
- Pursue continuous UI review inside the team
- Implement usability features suggested by the community
- Subversive provides support for all operations available for SVN clients. It means that it can be used as a fully-functional Eclipse SVN client and as a replacement of the original SVN client.
Subversive provides a set of unique features that improve usability for developers:
- Support of repository layouts recommended by Subversion
- Revision browsing
- Automatic search of Eclipse projects in the repository
- Revision graph
The masked constant ISVNConnector.Options.DISALLOW_MIXED_REVISIONS of 2.x version will be removed and the constant ISVNConnector.Options.ALLOW_MIXED_REVISIONS with the same value will be added since there was a semantic error in its naming.
- Subversive requires J2SE 1.6 and Eclipse 4.3 or higher
- Versions compatible with previous versions of Eclipse are available at the previous project location on polarion.org
- Subversive supports SVN 1.7 – 1.8 and migration from SVN 1.6 and earlier versions.
- Active communication with the community through Mailing lists, Newsgroup, Bugzilla, etc.
- Active users community: more than 500 downloads per day
- Project has a Developers and Integrators community and benefits from six integrations with open-source and commercial tools; other integrations are expected