Luna annual release (2.3) of Object Teams.
Adopt new features of Java™ 8 into the language OT/J
- merge grammars and address potential conflicts
- merge compiler implementation
Enable running OT/J programs on a Java™ 8 VM, by providing two alternative weavers
- the traditional BCEL-based weaver is a mature technology that handles all of Java 7 and OT/J, but it cannot handle Java 8 class files.
- a new ASM-based weaver will be first released with Luna, which can handle all elements of Java 8 byte code. Additionally, this weaver is capable of runtime weaving (as opposed to load-time weaving), However, this weaver needs more maturing before being enabled as the default
- to support both weavers, the compiler can produce class files in two alternative formats.
- Provide essential IDE support for the combination of Java 8 features with OT/J
- Migrate to the Luna version of Equinox
- Reduce dependence on Equinox-specific API in favor of standard OSGi API
Wednesday, June 25, 2014