Eclipse ThreadX is an embedded development suite including a small but powerful real-time operating system that provides reliable, ultra-fast performance for resource-constrained devices. It’s easy-to-use and market-proven, having been deployed on more than 12 billion devices worldwide. Eclipse ThreadX supports the most popular 32-bit microcontrollers and embedded development tools, so you can make the most of your team’s existing skills.
Eclipse ThreadX provides a vendor-neutral, open source, safety certified OS for real-time applications published on under a permissive license. Eclipse ThreadX is the first and only RTOS in the market that has all four of those attributes and comes with a complete embedded development suite.
Eclipse ThreadX provides a vendor-neutral, open source, safety certified OS for real-time applications published on under a permissive license.
The Eclipse ThreadX suite encompasses:
- ThreadX - advanced real-time operating system (RTOS) designed specifically for deeply embedded applications
- NetX Duo - advanced, industrial-grade TCP/IP network stack designed specifically for deeply embedded real-time and IoT applications
- FileX - high-performance, FAT-compatible file system that’s fully integrated with ThreadX kernel
- GUIX - provides a complete, embedded graphical user interface (GUI) library
- USBX - high-performance USB host, device, and on-the-go (OTG) embedded stack, that is fully integrated with ThreadX kernel
- LevelX - Flash Wear Leveling for FileX and stand-alone purposes
- GuiX Studio - design environment, facilitating the creation and maintenance of all graphical elements for CUIX
- TraceX - analysis tool that provides a graphical view of real-time system events to better understand the behavior of real-time systems
Continue and broaden access to the ThreadX / Azure RTOS technology under the Eclipse Foundation. Evolve product capabilities and list of supported microcontrollers as a community driven project.
November 2023 - initial contributions
January 2024 - first build/release
TBD - will be driven by semiconductor vendors and other partners in the community to evolve the product in alignment with latest MCU capabilities