With the release of Eclipse Vorto 0.11, we are introducing essential improvements that guarantee you full control over your models and their release processes.
Fine-grained Role Management allows your team to restrict access to certain features like the creation of models, releasing it to the public, and deprecating them. Models, by default, are created in private namespaces for which the access can be controlled via a self-service UI using newly introduced roles.
In addition to the new, state-of-the-art, Eclipse Vorto Repository, we released the official Vortolang 1.0, the language powering the Vorto Ecosystem, that let you describe device capabilities even easier.
Enhancements in all areas are complemented with new and extensive documentation for not only new features and improvements but also convenient plugins that have easily been missed in the past.
All in all, this release addresses, tackles, and simplifies many key pain points for people working with and in IoT and delivers some of the most important improvements to Eclipse Vorto ever.
In detail, it highlights the following improvements:
- Vortolang 1.0, the IoT language for Digital Twins
- Multi - Tenancy, which lets users manage their own namespace(s) and collaborators via a self-service UI
- Model visibility of Vorto Models to change models access from private to public
- Log-in with Github and Bosch ID OAuth Provider
- Many stabilization and performance fixes
Device Integration Features
- Payload Mapping Engine (Java and node.js), that lets you convert arbitrary (device) data to normalized Vorto-compliant data structure, fast and reliably.
- Bosch IoT Suite Generator add-on: Generates a script to provision devices in the Bosch IoT Suite from Vorto models
- OpenAPI / Swagger Generator, which generates a device-specific REST - API specification for Digital Twin services, such as Bosch IoT Things.
- JSON - Schema Generator, which creates JSON-Schema files from Vorto models
Developer SDK Features:
- Plugin SDK Version 2, to build and run serverless Vorto generator- and importer plugins. The SDK provides utilities and many source code examples