Eclipse Extended Editing Framework (EEF) 2.0.0
Discover the new features of the Eclipse 2.0.0 release:
- Switch to Java 8
- Add support for actions in the toolbar of the pages and groups
- Add support for images in buttons
- Add support for wizards and dialogs in the Eclipse Sirius integration
- Add an option to force the refresh of dynamic mappings
- Add an onClickExpression on the reference widget
Some major API changes have been realized in this release. Those changes will mostly impact developers of custom widgets and those who have integrated the EEF runtime in their application. Most of those changes have been made to leverage new features from Java 8. Some of those changes have been planned for a long time, for example, the interface IConsumer has now been replaced with java.util.Consumer.
The metamodel has also been lightly modified in order to introduce support for new features like:
- Toolbar actions for pages and groups
- Images for buttons
- Force refresh on dynamic mappings
- OnClickExpression on the reference widget
All pieces of text in the user interface will support internationalization.
This release will be compatible with the following environments: