This is the first release of StatET at the Eclipse Foundation. Therefore one main aspect of the work is the migration to Eclipse.org:
- Move and refactor the code of StatET to eclipse.org
- Adopt the Eclipse development process and guidelines
- Rework startup process of Java based RJ servers
But the release also provides several new features, two main goals are:
- Make development of R apps with StatET smoother
- Simplify and accelerate the setup of remote console servers (R help server)
The target platform of StatET 4.0.0 is the Eclipse IDE 2018-12.