Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
- 552840 Teach JGit to handle external diff/merge tools defined in .gitattributes
- 356832 Support external diff and merge tools, see https://git-scm.com/docs/git-mergetool
- Adapt diff- and merge tool code for PGM and EGit usage
- Add availability check of pre-defined tools
- Add filtering with help of DirCacheCheckout.getContent()
- Add mergetool merge feature (execute external tool)
- Add command line support for "git mergetool"
- Add config reader for user-defined mergetools
- Add difftool compare feature (execute external tool)
- 571390 [sshd] Better user feedback on authentication failure
- Fetch: Introduce negative refspecs.
- 579325 Use git config core.commentChar when committing, creating merge conflict messages and creating and editing squash messages.
- 579325 CommitConfig: add support for core.commentChar
- 546567 [push, lfs] Tell the pre-push hook whether the push is a dry run
- 577948 RewriteGenerator: Fully buffering of input is no longer necessary
- 578020 Lazy loading of .lfsconfig
- Fix connection leak for smart http connections
- 579445 Remove stray files (probes or lock files) created by background threads
- 579676 HTTP Smart: set correct HTTP status on error
- 579550 De-couple ServiceLoader calls from class loading
- 579550 GpgSigner: prevent class lock inversion on the default signer
- CommitCommand: call GpgSigner.getDefault() only if indeed signing
- DirCacheCheckout: use a LinkedHashMap instead of HashMap. This guarantees that updates are checked out in git order, which is important for LFS if a .lfsconfig file is used
- 579116 Re-try reading a file when there are concurrent writes and the filesystem does not support atomic rename
- 575629 [sideband] Ensure last bit of progress channel is written
- 544769 LsRemoteCommand: apply url.*.insteadOf to ensure remote URI is translated if used without repository
Build and Release Engineering
- Update orbit to R20220531185310
- Update com.jcraft.jzlib to 1.1.3.v20220502-1820
- Update net.i2p.crypto.eddsa to 0.3.0.v20220506-1020
- Update org.bouncycastle.bcpg to 1.70.0.v20220507-1208
- Update org.bouncycastle.bcprov to 1.70.0.v20220507-1208
- Update Tycho to 2.6.0
- Avoid warning "no explicit project encoding"
- Add target platforms for eclipse 4.23 (2022-03) and 4.24 (2022-06)
- Refer to target platform as file
- 576165 Add GetRefsBenchmark for testing refs lookups
- LFS: clean up messages
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".