Reviews run for a minimum of one week. The outcome of the review is decided on this date. This is the last day to make comments or ask questions about this review.
It provides a set of m2e connectors configuring Java EE projects in WTP, from their maven plugin configuration.
m2e-wtp also brings some advanced Maven features to the IDE, such as dynamic resource filtering or war overlays.
m2e 1.1.0 is a maintenance release with a focus on bug fixes. The main new feature is the ability to enable/disable m2e-wtp entirely, either from Eclipse Preferences or from Maven properties defined in pom.xml. XML templates are provided for such properties in the pom editor. More details are available at https://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E-WTP/New_and_Noteworthy/1.1.0
m2e 1.1.0 requires m2e 1.5.0 and is compatible with Eclipse Kepler and Luna releases.
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
Known architectural issues :
- Limited support for “classifier” projects in workspace due to m2e/JDT limitations (incorrect classpath or deployment issues may occur).
- Significant portions of m2e-wtp codebase are workarounds for WTP limitations
- War Overlay support is highly experimental and doesn't cope well with certain server adapters' deployment strategies (in-situ deployment typically)
- WTP needs to expose some hooks to provide a better integration (with its UI)
Localization, Internationalization, Accessibility
- All m2e-wtp strings are externalized, but only English strings are provided.
- m2e-wtp development team did not do any localization and/or accessibility testing due to resource constraints.
- Documentation is available on the Wiki : http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E-WTP
Java EE integration :
- Project facet configuration based on pom.xml
- Automatic generation of MANIFEST.MF based on pom.xml
- Optional JPA, JAX-RS, JSF Facet support
Integration of unique Maven features :
- on-the-fly resource filtering and deployment
- war overlay from workspace project or .war archives
Eclipse to Maven project conversion :
- pom.xml configuration based on eclipse settings for all Java EE project types
UI Usability :
- m2e-wtp's conformance to the User Interface Guidelines was not evaluated.
- m2e-wtp requires J2SE 1.6, m2e 1.1.0 and Eclipse 4.3 or higher
m2e-wtp aims at supporting the IDE-relevant configuration from all maven-<package>-plugins associated with Java EE projects. Notable exceptions are :
- No support for skinny wars from maven-ear-plugin 2.7+
- No support for filtering war overlays from maven-war-plugin
- Limited support for classes, ejb-client, test-classes classifiers
- Support for deployment exclusion filters dependent on server adapter implementations
- Active user community
Active developer and adopter communities
- #m2e-wtp on irc://irc.freenode.net
- Project decisions discussed on monthly dev status call meetings and m2e-wtp-dev mailing list
- m2e-wtp is embedded in -at least- JBoss Developer Studio and SpringSource ToolSuite
- Close collaboration with the m2e, WTP, JBoss Tools teams