- m2e provides both a framework for building Maven-centric Eclipse tools and a set of tools and user interface elements directly consumable by Eclipse Users.
- As a framework, m2e provides facilities to import and configure Maven projects in Eclipse workspace as well as APIs that allow m2e extensions to access Maven project metadata and participate in Maven project configuration and workspace build.
For the end user, m2e provides
- wizards to import existing and to create new Maven projects
- rich form-based and text-based pom.xml file editor
- launch configuration types to launch Maven build directly from Eclipse IDE
- access Maven repository index to browse repository contents and in various code-assist
- JDT integration, both directly useful to endusers and extensible
Wednesday, June 26, 2013