Eclipse Maven Integration 1.6.0
m2e 1.6 is a minor release, fixing over 80 bugs. However, a number of significant improvements were introduced since m2e 1.5 :
- improved performance of project import
- improved auto-completion in pom.xml editor
- new embedded maven runtime based on maven 3.3.3
- new experimental "Auto-update project configuration"
- new embedded maven archetype plugin 2.3
- UI and performance improvements in Archetype Wizard
- New API to control Project Configurators execution order
- m2e now honors workspace auto-build
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
- Lack of support for proper classpath separation between test and main/production source paths in JDT is a long-standing problem that affects m2e.
Localization, Internationalization, Accessibility
- All m2e strings are externalized, but only English strings are provided.
- m2e development team did not do any localization and/or accessibility testing due to resource constraints.
- Active user and development mailing lists
- User and Developer Documentation and Wiki are outdated and largely not applicable to m2e 1.0+
Generic tools for working with Maven projects inside Eclipse workspace
- Automatic discovery and installation of required m2e extensions based on pom.xml
- Wizards to import or create Maven projects
- Feature-rich pom.xml editor, error markers and quick-fixes for common problems and best practices
- Maven launch configuration types
- Automatic project dependency resolution
- Ability to convert existing projects to Maven
Support for “plain” Java projects out-of-the box via JDT integration
- JDT project configuration based on pom.xml
- Automatic compile classpath management
- Maven specific classpath in RunAs JavaApplication and JUnitTest
End of Life:
The "secondaryTo" attribute of the org.eclipse.m2e.core.projectConfigurators extension point has been deprecated. m2e 1.6 introduces 2 new attributes to org.eclipse.m2e.core.projectConfigurators :
- runsAfter : a comma-separated list of configuratorIds a given configurator should run after. ids suffixed with an exclamation mark would be optional.
- runsBefore : a comma-separated list of configuratorIds a given configurator should run before. ids suffixed with a star would be required
- Projects builds (via Launch Configuration) can no longer be executed with an external Maven 2.x runtime. Only Maven 3.x is supported.
- m2e 1.6 is fully compatible with pom.xml format used by Maven 3.x
- m2e 1.6 is fully compatible with Maven “default” repository layout and Maven repository Index format
- m2e 1.6 provides limited support for Maven Archetype descriptor format
Active user community
- No community activity statistics were collected for m2e 1.6
- Active developer and adopter communities
- All project decisions are discussed on m2e-dev mailing list
- m2e team maintains a number of opensource extensions at Github that are both useful to endusers and as working examples for adopters
- Close collaboration with Apache Maven; collaboration with m2e/wtp, JBossTools and other opensource projects