The Eclipse Oomph™ project provides tools based on extensible frameworks, packaged as fine-grained features that allow consumers to pick and choose.
The basic building blocks include the following:
- An Eclipse EMF model for manipulating Eclipse Platform preferences.
- An Eclipse EMF model for specifying predicate-based logical sets of projects.
- An Eclipse EMF model for enforcing profiles of project-specific settings (driven by the predicates model).
- An Eclipse EMF model for inducing dynamic working sets (driven by the predicates model).
- An Eclipse EMF model for managing modular PDE target platforms (based on composable targlets).
- An Eclipse EMF model for describing IDE configurations.
Based on these building blocks Oomph initially provides the following tools:
- A tool for browsing the Eclipse preference structure.
- A tool for maintaining consistent project-specific settings across a large number of projects.
- A tool for creating dynamic working sets that update automatically as new projects are added to the workspace.
- A targlet container that seamlessly integrates with PDE's target definitions and provides the following advantages:
- Dynamic composition
- Lazy resolution
- Resolution-failure resilience
- Global bundle pool
- Bounded version ranges
- Optional workspace provisioning
- A tool for managing bundle pools, including purging unused artifacts and repairing damaged artifacts.
- An installer for installing an IDE from a selection of project-specific configurations, augmented by user-specific configuration.
- An engine for keeping an IDE consistent with its specified configuration.
- A builder for managing bundle micro versions and feature versions relative to a baseline, augmenting PDE's API Tools.
- A selection of small conveniences:
- Launch configuration decorators
- Context-sensitive manifest opener
- Copyright-consistency management
- Project copier
- Git command-line integration
- Launcher for platform-specific file explorers
Refer to the wiki for more information.
YourKit is kindly supporting open source projects with its full-featured YourKit Java Profiler. YourKit, LLC is the creator of innovative and intelligent tools for profiling Java and .NET applications.
The content of this open source project is received and distributed under the license(s) listed above. Some source code and binaries may be distributed under different terms. Specific license information is provided in file headers and in NOTICE files distributed with the project's binaries.