Eclipse Packaging Project 4.5.0
Provide the download packages for the main Eclipse download page and the p2 metadata for the Oomph-based installer in accordance with the Eclipse Simultaneous Release, as well as the new Automated Error Reporter Logging component that is part of all packages.
Main targets of the EPP 4.5 release together with Mars:
- Improving user experience, e.g. by carefully adjusting preferences
- Integrate the Automated Error Reporter component in all packages
- Provide the p2 metadata to the Oomph-based installer
EPP for Mars in version 4.5.0 includes
- a Maven/Tycho/CBI based build that generates the packages and the p2 repository with the package definitions, and a build that generates the EPP Logging component
- everything from the EPP Packages Git repository git.eclipse.org/c/epp/org.eclipse.epp.packages.git and from the EPP Logging Git repository git.eclipse.org/c/epp/org.eclipse.epp.logging.git
The EPP packages require Java 1.7 or higher.
All packages are based on Eclipse 4.5.
EPP is available for the English language; strings are externalized.
Components in Babel are provided but the team does not translate the strings.
The Mars EPP 4.5 packages are provided for the following architecture, platform, and windowing system combinations:
- Windows 32-Bit, x86
- Windows 64-Bit, x86 64
- Linux 32-Bit, x86, GTK
- Linux 64-Bit, x86 64, GTK
- Mac OS-X, 64-Bit, Cocoa
The EPP packages require at least Java 1.7.