This is the first release of the Mosquitto project from within the Eclipse Foundation.
It introduces a number of important changes:
- Optional support for Websockets in the broker.
- Bridge behaviour on the local broker has changed due to the introduction of the local_clientid/local_username options. This allows different authentication methods for the remote and local brokers.
- The default TLS behaviour has changed to accept all of TLS v1.2, v1.1 and v1.0, rather than only only one version of the protocol. It is still possible to restrict a listener to a single version of TLS.
- The Python client has been removed now that the Eclipse Paho Python client has had a release.
- When a durable client reconnects, its queued messages are now checked against ACLs in case of a change in username/ACL state since it last connected.
- New use_username_as_clientid option on the broker, for preventing hijacking of a client id.
- The client library and clients now have experimental SOCKS5 support.
- Support for wildcard certificates for clients and bridges.
- The clients have support for config files with default options.
There are more changes not listed here, as well as bug fixes.