Version 2.3 would be the first official Eclipse release. It brings several new Streamsheet functions like for example to make HTTP requests from within a Streamsheet, wait for asynchronous operations, read values from JSON objects and many more. The new version also comes with a lot of usability improvements of the user interface. For example it the UI for creating and editing Streams is not longer in the administration view, but on the same level as the Streamsheet applications. This makes it much easier to create streams without switching into the administration view. Also a new wizard for creating streams has been added.
The following list contains all the features that were added with the version 2 release branch:
- New "connector-less" HTTP functions that make HTTP requests easier
- e.g., HTTP.REQUEST2(), HTTP.POST, HTTP.GET, ...
- Improved Preview Mode:
- Background color of apps in preview mode adapts to the selected light/dark mode
- New way of opening and also defining the view mode
- Shape Elements: New menu for editing Shape Elements
- Improved UI Design: the design of the User Interface has been improved
- Improved Structure: Streams are now part of the main dashboard
- Improved Touch Experience: the touch experience for touch displays has been improved
- New Stream Wizard: Streams can now be added/adjusted without leaving the Streamsheet
- New Functions: for example OPENURL(), TABLE.GET(), TABLE.UPDATE(), JSON.VALUE(), AWAIT(), SLEEP(), OUTBOX.GETIDS()
- Additional font sizes: More font sizes that are available for cell text
- Several Bug fixes