Eclipse Papyrus 3.0 (Oxygen)
Papyrus 3.0 makes changes on the following topics:
- Improve the user experience and usability (notably ergonomics, stability and performance).
- Homogenize and improve DSML-related mechanisms (including customizability and extensibility).
- Add new modeling and design facilities.
In addition, some important architecture changes have been done for Papyrus 3.0:
- Introduction of a 'Papyrus for Toolsmiths' feature to regroup the Papyrus DSML-related mechanisms.
- Better structuring of tests to be aligned with the architecture of Papyrus and to group them in consistent suites.
- Purge Papyrus main Git repository from incubation work.
GMF Tooling has dropped from the simultaneous release. Papyrus decided to incorporate the GMF Tooling runtime plugin in its own code base. The original copyright has been kept but the namespace has changed to match the namespace prefix of the Papyrus project.
No security issues known.
User, toolsmiths and developer documentation to be completed on the last days of the release candidates.
Papyrus 3.0 continues the support modeling with the following standards as part of the simultaneous release or as incubation additional component (*):
- UML 2.5
- SysML 1.4 (*)
- ALF 1.0.1 (*)
- MARTE 1.1 (*)
- BPMNProfile 1.0 (*)
- BMM 1.3 (*)
- Structured Metrics Meta-Model 1.1 (*)
- PSCS 1.0 (*)
- fUML 1.2.1 (*)
Papyrus 3.0 adds the support of:
Papyrus 3.0 supports but deprecates:
- SysML 1.1 (*)
The Papyrus Industrial Consortium continues to federate the development efforts on Papyrus in addition to facilitate the coordination of the Papyrus developers community in order to meet industrial needs.