The Eclipse Stardust project provides a comprehensive Business Process Management Suite (BPMS) which covers all phases of the Business Process Lifecycle including modeling, simulation, execution and monitoring.
The contribution scope is:
- The business process modeling environment including human workflow, system integration, organizational and data modeling entirely based on Eclipse, facilitated by the Process Workbench
- The Runtime Environment including the Process Engine and the browser-based End User Process Portal entirely based on Web standards (J2EE, JSF) as well as planned adoption for OSGi services
- The rapid application development environment embedded in Eclipse
- The simulation feature
- The interfaces to external systems (e.g. via Web Services or messaging), Document Repositories, Scanning Engines and Business Rules Management Systems
- The Reporting Engine
Not in scope are:
- Document Repositories, Scanning Engines and Business Rules Management Systems
- Application Servers and Database Management Systems being Runtime Environments for the Process Engine and the Process Portal and especially not
- Any business process models for an arbitrary industry
These contributions are either complementary components to a BPMS or value add by industry providers in their respective application domains.
|4.1.0 (Neon.2) Current||2016-12-21|
|2.1.1 (Luna SR2)||2015-02-27|
|2.0.1 (Luna SR1)||2014-09-26|