Eclipse Packaging Project 4.4.0
Provide the download packages for the main Eclipse download page in accordance with the Eclipse Simultaneous Release.
Main targets of the EPP 4.4 release together with Luna:
- Openess, e.g. by simplifying the build process, switching to Gerrit, using project specific Hudson (HIPP)
- Improving user experience, e.g. by carefully adjusting preferences
- Update to the new logo and to the new CLA
EPP for Luna in version 4.4.0 includes
- a Maven/Tycho based build that generates the packages and the p2 repository with the package definitions
- everything from the EPP Packages Git repository http://git.eclipse.org/c/epp/org.eclipse.epp.packages.git
The EPP packages require Java 1.6 or higher, some packages need at least Java 1.7 based on their content.
All packages are based on Eclipse 4.4.
EPP is available for the English language; strings are externalized.
Components in Babel are provided but the team does not translate the strings.
The Luna EPP 4.4 packages are provided for the following architecture, platform, and windowing system combinations:
- Windows 32-Bit, x86
- Windows 64-Bit, x86 64
- Linux 32-Bit, x86, GTK
- Linux 64-Bit, x86 64, GTK
- Mac OS-X, 32-Bit, Cocoa
- Mac OS-X, 64-Bit, Cocoa
The EPP packages require at least Java 1.6; some packages need at least Java 1.7 based on their content.
|M4||2013/12/20||Migrate build to Tycho|
|M5||2014/01/31||New packages must declare their intend.|
|M6||2014/03/14||New packages must be available and integrated into the build.|