Eclipse Packaging Project 4.4.0
Eclipse EPP 4.4 is building the download packages for the Luna Simultaneous Release. In this release we increased the openness of the project, e.g. by simplifying the build process, introducing Gerrit code review, we migrated the build to Tycho and CBI, we improved the user experience, e.g. by carefully adjusting default preferences and settings, and updated the logo and artwork.
The project leadership certifies that the APIs in this release are "Eclipse Quality".
No major known issues in the release.
The build system is now based on Tycho.
The packages are now being distributed based on Eclipse Platform version 4.4.
No known issues in the release.
User documentation for this release is available in form of web pages or wiki pages http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Category:EPP
- The EPP Committer and Maintainer Policy
- How-to specify an EPP configuration file
- How-to create the package definition files, package defining feature, branding plug-in
- How-to build your own package
- Package Testing
- Build Infrastructure
No usability issues.
Because of the migration of the build system from Buckminster to Tycho, the old Buckminster configuration files and scripts are discontinued and have been removed.
The EPP packages require Java 1.6, some require Java 1.7. All packages are based on Eclipse 4.4.
- Over 20 active committers and contributors from many different companies and partners. All package maintainers have full committer status on the project in a lightweight way similar to the Orbit project (see wiki.eclipse.org/EPP/EPP Committer and Maintainer Policy)
- Developer mailing list with about 3.100 e-mails (over 500 since the Kepler release)
- Participation in the Eclipse Planning Council and in the Eclipse Architecture Council