The Eclipse Californium™ scope is to:
- Maintain the base implementation of CoAP by providing bug-fixes, optimizations, and necessary documentation.
- Continue implementing complementary specifications by the IETF CoRE and related working groups.
- Maintain the included Web resource framework for M2M and Internet of Things applications.
- Provide seamless integration with M2M projects for OMA Lightweight M2M and OneM2M such as OM2M.
- Maintain the Scandium (Sc) Security for Californium with its DTLS implementation
- Implement a security API that allows for authentication and authorization as defined by IETF, OMA, and OneM2M activities.
- Extend Android support.